SOLVED

Re: Copying value from one field to another.

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Copying value from one field to another.

Hi All,

We here are trying to store two kinds of lead sources(via URL parameters, utm_source) namely:

1. Lead Source

2. Recent Lead Source

There is a check in my smart campaign which is:

"If Lead Source is empty"

The subsequent action which I want to achieve is to map Recent Lead Source's value into Lead Source.

Is there a way I can do this,i.e., copy the data from one column field (lead attribute) into another?

It would be great if you people could help me out with this.

Thanks!

Regards,

-Prabash.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Andy_Varshneya1
Level 9

Hi Prabash,

Create a trigger that checks for a change in Recent Lead Source and that Lead Source is empty. In the flow, use Change Data Value of Lead Source and set the value to "{{lead.Recent Lead Source}}" (without the quotes) and allow leads to go through it only once.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Have you... tried anything?  Change Data Value is the flow step.  It supports tokens in the new value.  That's how you maintain history fields.

Andy_Varshneya1
Level 9

Hi Prabash,

Create a trigger that checks for a change in Recent Lead Source and that Lead Source is empty. In the flow, use Change Data Value of Lead Source and set the value to "{{lead.Recent Lead Source}}" (without the quotes) and allow leads to go through it only once.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a lot Andy! Works brilliantly

Andy_Varshneya1
Level 9

No problem.

Forgot to add, you should also enable Block Field Updates on Lead Source. It will still allow the lead source to be populated but not overwritten and updated.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes Andy, shall surely do that !