SOLVED

Re: Cookies and LocalStorage

Go to solution
Callum_Pirie
Level 3

Cookies and LocalStorage

Good morning,

We have seen a number of records (particularly this week) with GA Connector data (a 3rd party) not populating over to the marketo record using Cookie Value Data we have on our Marketo forms

The field in question really is the Event Enquiry field however others we have seen not firing are First Channel, First Landing, First Medium are all hidden fields in marketo that have gaconnector cookie values attached that doesnt seem to be pulling the cookie data over to the Marketo record. basically these fields tell us where the user is from (google, paid media etc)

I got a reply back from GAConnector

"We checked your website and it seems that you are using custom scripts to integrate with GA Connector. Since we have moved to storing data in localStorage instead of the cookies, you will need to adjust your customized code to get the GA data from localStorage instead of browser cookies."

To populate this data we're using Marketo to populate our hidden fields. Unfortunately, we're not seeing "Use Local Storage" as an alternative option to "Cookie" in the Get Value From field

do you have a suggested solution.

Any help to get this resolved ASAP would be greatly appreciated 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

localStorage is not a built-in source (or "channel") for hidden field AutoFill.  

But you can use my advanced AutoFill code from here, which does include localStorage and sessionStorage (and is a little better in other ways than the native feature):

MktoForms2 :: KV HTML w/Auto-Fill and Cascade v1.1.2

You'll need the teknkl-formsplus-1.0.5.js file from the HTML pane, please download that and put it in your own Marketo Design Studio rather than pulling it from my CDN.

Then the JS pane shows how to AutoFill from a few different channels. The last example in the config is pulling from localStorage.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

localStorage is not a built-in source (or "channel") for hidden field AutoFill.  

But you can use my advanced AutoFill code from here, which does include localStorage and sessionStorage (and is a little better in other ways than the native feature):

MktoForms2 :: KV HTML w/Auto-Fill and Cascade v1.1.2

You'll need the teknkl-formsplus-1.0.5.js file from the HTML pane, please download that and put it in your own Marketo Design Studio rather than pulling it from my CDN.

Then the JS pane shows how to AutoFill from a few different channels. The last example in the config is pulling from localStorage.