SOLVED

Re: Conversational Flows/Forms - Setup Assistance

Go to solution
michellechopin
Level 7

Conversational Flows/Forms - Setup Assistance

Hi Community Friends!

I'm setting up Dynamic Chat with Conversational Flows and will ONLY be using the latter to start with. 

All of the product documentation seems to lead with the Dynamic Chat setup, and I can't find anything specific or related to the setup for Conversational Flows so wanted to ask these (probably silly/obvious) questions...

1. Do I have to initiate the sync to Marketo even if we're not using Dynamic Chat yet?

michellechopin_0-1724278837588.png

2. Do I have to install the Chatbot Java Script from the Installation on our website to enable Conversational Flows to work or does that feature rely on the standard Munchkin code (already on our site)? 

michellechopin_3-1724278952584.png

Thanks in advance for your help and I'm excited to bring this option to my team for experimentation/use (and hopefully sell the higher ups on using Dynamic Chat to replace Drift that was early last year).

Michelle 😀

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JohnDictson
Level 1

Hi Michelle!

Just to clarify terminology, Dynamic Chat is the umbrella term for the product. Within Dynamic Chat, you can utilize different types of engagements such as automated chat (chatbot), live chat, and Conversational Flows. Most of the prescribed setup steps apply to all of the above, though there are some steps that are specific to Conversational Flows.

1. You'll need to initiate the sync to Marketo if you want any lead data to flow between Dynamic Chat and Marketo. This applies to automated chat, live chat, and Conversational Flows.  
  2. You will need both Munchkin code and JavaScript snippet on any page(s) you want to trigger an automated chat or Conversational Flow on (I can see how the page title "Chatbot settings" is confusing here. We'll see what we can do to clarify that)

Hopefully that helps. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,

John Dictson

Product Management @ Adobe

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JohnDictson
Level 1

Hi Michelle!

Just to clarify terminology, Dynamic Chat is the umbrella term for the product. Within Dynamic Chat, you can utilize different types of engagements such as automated chat (chatbot), live chat, and Conversational Flows. Most of the prescribed setup steps apply to all of the above, though there are some steps that are specific to Conversational Flows.

1. You'll need to initiate the sync to Marketo if you want any lead data to flow between Dynamic Chat and Marketo. This applies to automated chat, live chat, and Conversational Flows.  
  2. You will need both Munchkin code and JavaScript snippet on any page(s) you want to trigger an automated chat or Conversational Flow on (I can see how the page title "Chatbot settings" is confusing here. We'll see what we can do to clarify that)

Hopefully that helps. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,

John Dictson

Product Management @ Adobe

michellechopin
Level 7

Thanks so much for the clarification, @JohnDictson! I had a feeling all of that was the case but always err on the side of asking vs assuming.

I'll get our sync going overnight and share the JS code for Dynamic Chat to get that added - turns out we have interest in using some simpler Dynamic Chat functionality to encourage sign ups to our Newsletter as a test case for rolling it out into other areas, so we need to do everything anyways!