Re: Content Syndication and Engagement Program

Anonymous
Not applicable

Content Syndication and Engagement Program

I am looking to put content syndication leads into a drip nurture but am not sure the best way to go about this. Right now we work with one Content Syndication vendor (multiple assets), but are soon moving to two with multiple assets. Which way is better? Or is there another option?

1. Create 1 Engagement Program for each Content Syndication vendor. For each asset we are syndicating, create a stream with content specific to that asset. Each week we receive leads, separate the leads into separate spreadsheets for each asset they download. Import leads into separate static lists (one for each asset). Use a smart campaign whose smart list is a trigger of "added to list = Asset A" and whose flow steps are "Change program status = Nurture Program>Member" and "Add to Engagement Program - Stream for Asset A." This would mean we'd have to create 2 engagement programs, each with potentially duplicate streams (if we syndicate asset A with both vendors), and we'd have to upload many lists - one per asset, per vendor. This seems really cumbersome.

2. Create an Engagement Program for Content Syndication. Create a stream for each asset we are syndicating, regardless of vendor. Follow the above, except anyone who downloads a particular asset goes into the same list, regardless of the vendor they downloaded it from. This seems a little less cumbersome, but would we then be able to report on the effectiveness of each content syndication vendor vs the other?

Is there another option? Assume for now we have 2 Content Syndication vendors with 3 assets posted to one of their sites and 5 posted to the other.

Tori

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Tori,

Either option will work. If you really want to track vendor lead quality, then either:

1. Have similar, but separate engagements.
2. Use lead source and 1 engagement, then run a smart list or report for each vendor in that engagement.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Tori, I am doing content syndication also, with multiple assets. I was wondering how you are representing the asset in the record? I ended up creating a text field called asset download, but that is not ideal. Are you providing the asset download information to sales in your crm?