SOLVED

Re: Contacts With Opportunities IN MARKETO Not Returning in Smart List

Go to solution
Amey_Shivapurka
Level 2

Contacts With Opportunities IN MARKETO Not Returning in Smart List

Hi All,

We created a smart list that looks for contacts with a specific type of opportunity. The list is returning with contacts, but there is a bucket of contacts that are missing from this list. When looking at the Person Detail Opportunity tab for these missing contacts we see these contacts have the opportunity that we are expecting to have them to meet the ur Smart List filters.  We then looked at the Person Activity Log and noticed there is no "Add to Opportunity" activity task for these missing contacts. This seems to be the only difference between the contacts with this opportunity that showed up in the Smart List and those that didn't.

Based off the Person Updated Date, it looks like the contacts that were part of our initial SFDC-> Marketo Sync are the contacts that are missing the "Add to Opportunity" activity task and the ones that are showing up in this Smart List had the opportunity added after our initial sync. We tried updating the Opportunity on the SFDC side to see if that would re-trigger some sort of Opportunity-related activity task, but it didn't. 

As anybody seen this issue before and, if so, were you able to solve it? This issue is currently preventing us from building Smart Lists and running campaigns on these specific contacts. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I understand, you said "add to opportunity task, which is what I believe this filter needs" and that's not true. Added to Opportunity is not what's being looked up when you use the filter Has Opportunity. Has Opportunity is looking for the CO at the present time.

However, these records should certainly show up. It sounds like you may have a corrupted CO table or something like that. Open a case.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
SanfordWhiteman

You haven’t shown what that Smart List actually looks like.
Amey_Shivapurka
Level 2

@SanfordWhiteman It is pretty bare, just using the has opportunity. The issue is that there are contacts with opportunities in their person detail but they don't have the add to opportunity task, which is what I believe this filter needs and why they are not showing up in the smart list. Are there other filters that can be used to query on contacts with opportunities?

Screen Shot 2021-10-21 at 8.45.24 PM.png

Jo_Pitts1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

@Amey_Shivapurka ,

when you say they have opportunities in their person details, what do you mean by that?

Do you mean you have some custom fields storing opportunity details directly against a person record?

Cheers

SanfordWhiteman

Has Opportunity doesn't require an Added to Opportunity activity. The former can be true without the latter.
Amey_Shivapurka
Level 2

What I mean is that they have opportunities showing in their Person Detail > Opportunities tab, but then that person doesn't show up in "Has Opportunity" Smart List filter and no other criteria. 

Screen Shot 2021-10-22 at 1.34.00 PM.png

SanfordWhiteman

I understand, you said "add to opportunity task, which is what I believe this filter needs" and that's not true. Added to Opportunity is not what's being looked up when you use the filter Has Opportunity. Has Opportunity is looking for the CO at the present time.

However, these records should certainly show up. It sounds like you may have a corrupted CO table or something like that. Open a case.

Amey_Shivapurka
Level 2

Thanks @SanfordWhiteman - I'll do that.

Zinklar
Level 1

Hi Amey,

Could you solve it? I'm with the same problem.

Regards