SOLVED

Re: ContactCompany field

Go to solution
Anna_Blanchet1
Level 4

ContactCompany field

Hi,

I am working with our data warehouse IT team to model Marketo data. They are trying to create a table for Company but are noticing that the same ContactCompany id field has more than one Company Name. Some are clearly duplicate companies where INC or LTD is missing. However, some are very different company names. I don't believe ContactCompany is a field in the Marketo UI. Does anyone know where this value is coming from and why there would be a different Company Name associated to the same ContactCompany field?  They are asking me to define which Company Name should be the primary but I'm thinking they need to stay separate records.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

ContactCompany is a reference field and isn’t the same as Company (which may be either local to Marketo or connected to the CRM Account, depending on whether the person is synced or not).

What are the different sync statuses of these people: are some in your CRM and some not?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

ContactCompany is a reference field and isn’t the same as Company (which may be either local to Marketo or connected to the CRM Account, depending on whether the person is synced or not).

What are the different sync statuses of these people: are some in your CRM and some not?

Anna_Blanchet1
Level 4

@SanfordWhiteman  Got it. So those fields are not related to one another, correct? We have a custom sync to SFDC so not all records are synced to CRM.  What is the ContactCompany field typically used for? I couldn't find any information on it in the community. 

Zoe_Forman
Level 8 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

@Anna_Blanchet1 Has your Marketo instance been connected to a different CRM than SFDC? Maybe an older value?

You could use a Smart Camping to clean up and look for similar (contains) values of Company name to clean up the data in Marketo or within SFDC to eliminate the duplicates. Depends on your sync set up.