SOLVED

Re: Constraints

Go to solution
Karin_Edmondson
Level 3

Constraints

Can anyone tell me where I can find what each of the constraints actually do?
I found some posts but they don't list what each one means and does.

Thanks,
Karin
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Querystring is looking for a value at the end of the url e.g.  mysite.com/?source=whitepaper

Essentially the querystring is everything after the ?

Search query is collected by Marketo when a lead comes to the website after doing a search. If you have high performing search phrases you may want to trigger off that for known leads. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

This article explains the most common constraints and what they do:
https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000KzKZCA0

Constraints are typically pretty self explanatory but some of them can be a little confusing if you are not familiar with the terms. I would suggest making a list of the ones you  aren’t sure of and I am happy to explain them.

Karin_Edmondson
Level 3

Thank you for your response.  I did see this post.  I am wondering about the Querystring and the SearchQuery.
Thanks,
Karin
Anonymous
Not applicable

Querystring is looking for a value at the end of the url e.g.  mysite.com/?source=whitepaper

Essentially the querystring is everything after the ?

Search query is collected by Marketo when a lead comes to the website after doing a search. If you have high performing search phrases you may want to trigger off that for known leads. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jeffrey
It would be great if you could also explain about the "referrer" constraint. We have an email trigger campaign set up to send an email if a user submits a form on a particular page. We are using the new Marketo 2.0 forms embedded on our own web page. In the smart list > fills out form settings, we have  used the "referrer contains.." constraint to tell Marketo which page the form is on, so it knows which email to send. The form works fine without the referrer constraint, but it breaks the program when we add it back in. There doesn't seem to be any info about the referrer contains constraint in the help portal, so am having trouble figuring out if we have configured this correctly.

Many thanks

Laura