SOLVED

Re: Constrain Fills Out Form trigger to only when a person is not created

Go to solution
Kevin_Vaughn
Level 2

Constrain Fills Out Form trigger to only when a person is not created

Hello all,

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to restrict or constrain a Fills Out Form trigger to only when a person is not being created by the form fill out? 

Thanks in advance for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Salytics
Level 3

Hi Kevin,

I think you should be able to accomplish this using a Not Lead was Created filter plus a Filled out Form filter. The filters should use OR logic.

Salytics_1-1601420327614.png

The Not Lead was Created filter is constrained by Form Name = the same form as the trigger.

But what if the lead was created by this form in the past? That's why we need the Filled Out Form filter with constraint Form Name = the same form as the trigger, and Min. Number of Times = 2. The first fill being their past fill and the second+ one being this specific fill.

So the only leads that will quality are the leads not being created by the form on that specific fill.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Salytics
Level 3

Hi Kevin,

I think you should be able to accomplish this using a Not Lead was Created filter plus a Filled out Form filter. The filters should use OR logic.

Salytics_1-1601420327614.png

The Not Lead was Created filter is constrained by Form Name = the same form as the trigger.

But what if the lead was created by this form in the past? That's why we need the Filled Out Form filter with constraint Form Name = the same form as the trigger, and Min. Number of Times = 2. The first fill being their past fill and the second+ one being this specific fill.

So the only leads that will quality are the leads not being created by the form on that specific fill.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Well done.

Another way to spin this is to have a custom DateTime field Last Form Submit DT. 

Then

MktoForms2.whenReady(function(mktoForm){
  mktoForm.onSubmit(function(mktoForm){
    mktoForm.addHiddenFields({
      LastFormSubmitDT : new Date().toISOString()
    });
  });
});

And when a lead is created by something other than a form, set this value to the beginning-of-time. (So it's never empty.)

Now, when that field changes (Data Value Changes trigger) that means the person has submitted another form.

Kevin_Vaughn
Level 2

Hi Sanford,

Thank you as well for your reply! Although I will most likely use the previous suggestion, it is great to know that this is possible. I can also see other applications for a solution like this and will keep this in mind for future use.

Kevin_Vaughn
Level 2

Hi  Salytics,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this solution. I was thinking of something along this line but your use of Now Was Created and OR is key here for me.