Re: Connecting 2 Marketo instances to 1 SFDC instance

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Connecting 2 Marketo instances to 1 SFDC instance

HI all,

Has anyone tried to connect 2 Marketo instances to 1 SFDC instance?

Once the packages are installed, and provided that, in SFDC, the 2 Marketo instances use different SFDC users that access to different, separate roles, with a "private by default" role model, this should be working. Or I am missing something ?

One of the question will be with regards to MSI. It seems to me that it would not e possible to have 2 MSI connections from SFDC to Marketo. Am I correct ?

Thx for your insight.

-Greg

5 REPLIES 5
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I was under the impression this was not possible. It says there is a 1:1 relationship between orgs.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi again Josh,

I fact, technically, I do not see what would prevent 2 Marketo orgs to connect to 1 SFDC org, provided that the data on SFDC side are clearly partitioned with Roles. The risk of simultaneous API connection, may be ?

It's seems more difficult on MSI side, since I do not see any possibility to tell MSI to connect to 2 different Marketo instances based on which contact the user is looking for.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm intrigued. Can you notify this thread when you arrive to a final conclusion with 2:1 model.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Tim,

Will do

-Greg

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I agree that the input codes to connect SFDC would only work for 1 Marketo-SFDC. The second one could not connect.

I suppose in theory this is possible since the schemas would be the same. I vaguely recall someone doing this once while they switched to a new instance. I know you could not do this with 2 SFDC > 1 Marketo because the schemas would be different. You would have to do some special API stuff.