SOLVED

Configuring relative dates

Go to solution
Bonni_Graham_Go
Level 2

Configuring relative dates

Hello hive mind! I have a request from a sales group who wants a program that they can add prospects to daily. I know how to set up that program itself, but what they want to do is have verbiage in the email where a day changes depending on when the email was sent. For example, if the email goes out on Monday, the email body should say something like "I would like to set up a meeting between now and Thursday" BUT if the email goes out on Tuesday, the body should say "I would like to set up a meeting between now and Friday", etc. In other words, the end date of "between now and" should change based on when the email was sent.

I have a fallback (which is to create an email for each day of the week and hard-code the day), but I'm hoping there's a variable or token I can use instead to just have ONE email to maintain, i.e., "I would like to set up a meeting between now and [the day that corresponds to 3 days from today]."

Does anyone know of a way to do that? The date token doesn't seem to allow that kind of configuration.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Configuring relative dates

All of this (and more!) can be done in a Velocity token. Read the seminal post on date math in Velocity here: https://blog.teknkl.com/velocity-days-and-weeks/

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman

All of this (and more!) can be done in a Velocity token. Read the seminal post on date math in Velocity here: https://blog.teknkl.com/velocity-days-and-weeks/

Bonni_Graham_Go
Level 2

Thanks; I'll check it out.

SanfordWhiteman

? Velocity is the language you use to write Email Script {{my.tokens}} in Marketo. It's part of every Marketo subscription, large or small...