Conference Use - Activity Selection w/ Limited Slots?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Conference Use - Activity Selection w/ Limited Slots?

Hey everyone -

We're trying to figure out if there is a way to use Marketo forms to create Convention Attendee's in SFDC.  What we really liked with this feature of SFDC is the ability to set up activities with a limited number of slots for attendees to sign up for in the registration form. Once all slots are taken, the form removed the choice from the activity selection dropdown.

To do this last year, we created a convention attendee SFDC form that was hosted on force.com - which turned out to be problematic for us.

Without heavy development work, does anyone know if this sort of functionality is something Marketo and it's forms can do? Even if we need to use actual contacts/leads and not SFDC's attendee records? I can't wrap my head around how to accomplish this, w/o using a SFDC form again.

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Conference Use - Activity Selection w/ Limited Slots?

It is not really possible in Marketo unless you monitor the list constantly.

Please do a search for "limit attendees" or similar terms as many people have posted about how to do this. It gets complicated.

A better way may be to use a launchpoint partner who handles complex events.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Conference Use - Activity Selection w/ Limited Slots?

Some guidance here; Cap event attendees with form logic?

But you need a Marketo-aware developer.  For such a person, this wouldn't be "heavy" development, but for anyone else it would be a bear.  Its' complex.  Like Josh said, Marketo isn't really fit for this (much as I love to make it fit).