SOLVED

Conditional Sync to SFDC within a flow

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Conditional Sync to SFDC within a flow

Hi. I have a complex flow that does a lot of processing. One step in the middle is that it syncs to SFDC. For some leads, I would like to skip the sync to SFDC step. But I want them to go through all the other steps, so I can't just filter them out of the campaign.

I thought I could do this by doing an "Add Choice" on the "Sync to SFDC" flow step. However, the only choices are which owner to assign to. There is no "do nothing" choice.

Is there any to do this other than duplicating the campaign and tweaking? I'd like to avoid that (I already have two variants of this campaign, so that'd split it to four... and so any change means I have to change all four).

Thanks.
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Conditional Sync to SFDC within a flow

You could create a sister campaign and request that using the choice step:

Request Campaign IF X = TRUE, otherwise, Do Nothing

Requested Campaign: Sync to SFDC or whatever.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

You could create a sister campaign and request that using the choice step:

Request Campaign IF X = TRUE, otherwise, Do Nothing

Requested Campaign: Sync to SFDC or whatever.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Josh.

So you mean:
  1. Make a "dummy" field (e.g., X) which I set in the first campaign
  2. Have a sync campaign which triggers if X is true.
  3. Clear X at the end of the sync campaign (since people can run through this campaign more than once)?
I always hate making more fields, but I suppose this would be a reason. If that's the strategy, then I suppose I could limit field-creation-creep by making a generic multi-select field like "Trigger Marker" and set it with various things. In this case, I'd set it with the text "Sync to SFDC" or something.