Conditional Logic in Thank you page

Itay_Billet4
Level 8

Conditional Logic in Thank you page

Hi Team, we have a form for our employees to fill in on events to register certain leads.

I wanted to have some conditional logic of when filling out the form, the "thank you" page will display based if the lead exist already or not. Is that possible?

Thanks!

Itay

5 REPLIES 5
Chirag_Agarwal1
Level 2

Re: Conditional Logic in Thank you page

Itay, you may be able to achieve this with dynamic content/segmentation on landing page. Refer below -

Use Dynamic Content in a Landing Page - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation

The segmentation would likely be based on date lead was created, since they will be created as lead as soon as they fill the form and didn't previously exist in the database.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Won't work, Chirag. The next page after a form fillout is not guaranteed to have merged the cookie with an existing lead in the database. That association happens asynchronously -- perhaps only a second later, but that's too late.

The only way to do this reliably is to create a Lead Lookup Form that polls until the lead is associated. I've provided examples of this in the past.

Itay_Billet4
Level 8

Hi Sanford Whiteman​, thanks for the advice. I couldn't find examples for the Lead Lookup Form. Any chance you'll re-share an example?

In the meantime we created an alert that is sent out to whoever filled in the form. It is not immediate, but it gives some indication.

Somasundaram_B
Level 1

Itay, Have you tried adding choice in the form settings thank you section?

pastedImage_0.png

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

That has no bearing on the issue, I'm afraid. Conditional Thank You cannot tell you whether a lead was already in your db.