Go to solution
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: complete guide to recaptcha

Make sure you've allowed cdpn.io.

Zach_Bollinger
Level 2

I have, but still no dice. I have my custom Marketo form embed set up in the html and the site key in the JS. I don't have the pro version of codepen. Would that have any affect on this?

SanfordWhiteman

cdpn.io and codepen.io both need to be allowed depending on how you view the page (IFRAME/Debug mode).

Zach_Bollinger
Level 2

Good news! I added the codepen domains and the recaptcha worked! Thank you for the help there. 

Bad news, I do not know where we need to add the javascript in the form. I talked with our site builder and he said that he is not able to edit the JS of the wordpress site.

Have you or anyone run into this issue before? 

SanfordWhiteman

It’s somewhat possible to embed the external JS within the form (see my post on embedding custom form behaviors in a Rich Text Area) but I really don’t like to do it that way. Why is he unable to add a new script block to the WP site?

Zach_Bollinger
Level 2

I believe his response was that the JS for our embedded form pulls from Marketo. He sent me some attachments of our setup, and the issue.  I also have our site url if you need it. 

Wordpress CodeBlock.png

Wordpress Preview.png

Say we need to create a new script block in Wordpress, does the JS in codepen do the job or do we need to create a script akin to this product discussion.  https://nation.marketo.com/t5/product-discussions/recapture-v2-v3-implementation/m-p/115673  

I also did look over your rich text token idea, and agree with you on it. 

SanfordWhiteman

@Zach_Bollinger wrote:

I believe his response was that the JS for our embedded form pulls from Marketo. He sent me some attachments of our setup, and the issue.  I also have our site url if you need it. 

Say we need to create a new script block in Wordpress, does the JS in codepen do the job or do we need to create a script akin to this product discussion. 

The JS in the Pen is all you need. I don’t see why he can’t add another <script> under the existing <script> and <form> elements — that’s just a general-purpose injection area.

Zach_Bollinger
Level 2

Got it! We have added the JS into the code block, but we noticed that the v3 icon/badge is not showing up on the webpage. Should be worried about this issue? 

Apart from that our webhooks and forms work beautifully. 

SanfordWhiteman

It’s possible that you have some CSS styles which inadvertently hide the badge. If you link to the page we can see.

Zach_Bollinger
Level 2

That sounds right from what I've researched. Here is the link to the page: https://wpprod.biltd.com/contact-us/ 

Thanks,