SOLVED

complete guide to recaptcha

Go to solution
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: complete guide to recaptcha

Too backed up, but I can walk it through you over Zoom if you want.

StephH
Level 1

Would be really good to have this guide or do you have any other available information that can support me setting up recaptcha  for my Marketo forms please? 

ntagoe
Level 1

Hi Sanford, did you ever get the chance to walk the user through the Recaptcha setup up over zoom. Just wondering if there is a screen recording of it that way I can follow along. If not could we please set up a time to walk me through it as well?

Also quick question, our company site is already running recapture v3, do I need to still set up a new account to generate new webhook info, or do I just need to coordinate with our web developer to use what already exists.

Thank you!

SanfordWhiteman

ntagoe
Level 1

Wow thank you for the swift reply! Watching it now.

ntagoe
Level 1

Hello @SanfordWhiteman 

I watch the webinar, which was great by the way. However, I cant seem to connect with to the server as I keep getting the (Server Returned code 403) error code.

This the link to the form

https://info.tainstruments.com/Google-reCAPTCHA_LP-Test-Google-reCAPTCHA-V3.html

This is my webhook settings and I double checked to make sure that the keys and response are matching.

Thank you!

ntagoe
Level 1

Hi @SanfordWhiteman 

Never mind my previous post, I tried out a multitude of things and finally figured out what the problem was. Apparently I had to include the non www. version of my companies domain in the google reCAPTCHA Admin settings.

Thank you!

ntagoe_0-1637677018437.png

Cathy_Danahy
Level 2

@SanfordWhiteman - I watched your video and followed along as best I could.  All this is new to me.

I copied your code from "MktoForms2 :: reCAPTCHA v3 v1.1.2"

HTML:  Pasted in my Form Embed Code

JS:  Updated the API Key to mine.

When I tested the form I got the following error:

Referred from Pen TEST reCAPTCHA v3

What happened?

A link in this Pen has a missing `href` value, or this Pen is trying to change the document.location more details

Take heart, you can just go back. Refresh the Pen to return to the previous page.

Cathy_Danahy_0-1639597339376.png

What should I have done differently?

Tags (1)
SanfordWhiteman

What’s your CodePen URL?

Cathy_Danahy
Level 2

Thanks @SanfordWhiteman for looking at this for me.

TEST reCAPTCHA v3 (codepen.io)

Form: TEST-reCAPTCHA v3

Embed code: 

<script src="//app-ab04.marketo.com/js/forms2/js/forms2.min.js"></script> <form id="mktoForm_2818"></form> <script>MktoForms2.loadForm("//app-ab04.marketo.com", "769-JYP-784", 2818);</script>

Site Key:  6LeZzaEdAAAAAEJXii6QILApb_Rlivw9T7oUDfae