Re: Company reporting limited only 90 days?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Company reporting limited only 90 days?

Hi fellow rockstars!

I'm having trouble with company reporting. One of my salespeople asked for a list of all companies who've downloaded content from us. But as far as I can tell, the company reports only work for the past 90 days since they're based on Web Activity and that's archived after 90 days. Does this mean that you can't get company data on anything more than the past 90 days? That seems like a big gap in the reporting engine. Is there another way to get this info? The only thing I can think of is exporting the smartlist and doing a pivot table. I'm hoping there's an easier way!

Thanks!
Emily
6 REPLIES 6
Edward_Masson
Level 10

Yes only 90 days for the activity.
For future ref,
  • you can set up Programs to capture everybody as members for your assets, this would give you what you need.
  • Also, for certain activities you wish to monitor, you can set up a custom date field, so when that particular behaviour happens you can go back in time to see when that activity took place and how often on a lead and contact record.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Edward -- I do have those sorts of campaigns set up, but it doesn't give me the company data since it just puts all the leads in one place. There's no way to pull a list of companies from Programs, right?
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Another option would be to setup Smart Lists for every downloadable piece of content (usually just the content that's associated with a Marketo program) and every time someone downloads the content in your program, add them to the appropriate Smart List.  This is also useful if you every need to execute a campaign against just those users who've downloaded specific content.
Anonymous
Not applicable

But that also won't get me a company list, right? That will give me a list of leads. To get the companies I would need to count them up or export the list and run pivot tables.

I don't think I was really clear in my question. The downloaded content piece was an example. My real question is how do I get list of companies based off of different criteria (such as content downloads) if Company Reports only go back 90 days?
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Emily,

There are a few solutions and Dan was outlining one:

1. Ask Marketo Support to opt you out of the 90 day activity archiving.
  2. For content, track downloads using one of several methods: Stamp a field on Clicks Link (or whatever you are counting); Program Progression > downloaded; SFDC Campaign, etc.
  3. The Company Report isn't really your best tool. You're better off taking LP visits, Program data, or smart lists of who clicked or did whatever. Then you download that view and use a pivot table.
  4. You can also try to use a smart list column in a Lead Report to organize lead lists by company to give you a count. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for clearing that up, Josh. So exporting or manually counting are really the only options. That's a shame, but it's good to know I wasn't missing something obvious. Thanks!