SOLVED

Company name field automatically changing

Go to solution
Kelly_Schmid3
Level 4

Company name field automatically changing

I keep noticing the company name field for internal employees keeps getting changed , but there's no record in Marketo and it's still accurate in SFDC. Does anyone know how this could possibly happen? We don't have any triggers set up for this. I noticed this morning that my company name on my contact record has changed since yesterday and there's nothing in the activity log. Thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Re: Company name field automatically changing

This can sometimes happen when employees fill out a form with company name on it, and it changes the name for the other employees associated to the account.  Blocking the field from form updates will prevent it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

There should be a record of this in the activity log.  Make sure that your activity log is set to show all changes, this is an option and may be turned off to only show specific activities.  If you still cannot get data value changes then you should call support because this is not normal behavior.

Kelly_Schmid3
Level 4

Yeah, all filters are turned off. I will reach out to support. Thanks.

Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

This can sometimes happen when employees fill out a form with company name on it, and it changes the name for the other employees associated to the account.  Blocking the field from form updates will prevent it.

Kelly_Schmid3
Level 4

So that is sort of what happened. A list import caused the company name for one employee changed and it changed everyone. This is the response from Marketo Support -

The Company Object in Marketo, much like the Account Object in Salesforce, is shared between records that share the same company name. Changing a field on the Company Object in Marketo will change the value for all other records with the same Company. The activity for this change will only show on the lead that caused the change to the field, and will not sync to Salesforce on the Account Object, as the Account Object in Salesforce is Read-only to Marketo, so the change will remain in Marketo.