SOLVED

Re: Communications Limits when using programs in for content in engagement programs

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Communications Limits when using programs in for content in engagement programs

If you have programs in your nurture streams, do you have to mark the campaigns that send the email to use communications limits, or will it apply automatically because it is part of engagement?  I am hoping the latter, but wanted to make sure as we use programs throughout.  I know you don't schedule the campaign, so I'm hoping that the communications limits apply anyway.
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Communications Limits when using programs in for content in engagement programs

No you don't have to opt in these campaigns as long as they are in the Engagement stream.  Because it is part of the engagement stream, it is implied.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

No you don't have to opt in these campaigns as long as they are in the Engagement stream.  Because it is part of the engagement stream, it is implied.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great, that is the answer I was hoping for!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cheryl, this does not appear to work this way.  I raised a case because a lead that was (accidently) part of 2 engagement programs received 2 emails (1 from each program) on the same day, despite our communications limit being set to one per day.  I reported this as a bug to support, and they say that this is wrong and I do have to set it explicitly for each program (see response below).  I'm very disappointed with this, as you said above that I do not have to do this.  Can you please tell me whether the support response below is correct, or whether in fact it is a bug?

Thanks,
Erica

"I understand the confusion but after double checking with a colleague I can confirm that you have to tell smart campaigns to respect communication limits. 
(On this page, two thirds of the way down:https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000LBiqCAG
The smart campaigns in your programs in your streams are by default ignoring overall communication limits. 
At this point you will have to check that all smart campaigns are set to respect overall communication limits. 

The default checked status is something we are looking at changing. It would make more sense if by default they respected communication limits and if needed (Acknowledgment email etc.. ) they could be sent anyway. 

I hope this makes sense."

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Erica,

Unfortunately, support gave you the wrong information.  You do NOT explicitly have to opt the program/campaign into communication limits when it is being used in engagement.  So, there might be a bug here.  Can you tell me the specific cadence that was set for both of the engagement programs?  

Thanks,
Cheryl
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sure.  The one was set to go on 26th Feb at 8:00 GMT and the other at 10:00 GMT.  The actual times for one of the affected leads were 8:36 and 10:46.  If you look at activity ID 70342122 and 70421010.  Lead ID is 1721216.

More generally, the casts are Wednesdays, at 8:00GMT for one program and 10:00GMT for the second.

Please can you brief support, because I even pointed them at this thread and they still insisted as posted above.  The case ID is 00230493.  

Thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Erica,

I'm sorry you are running into this with support.  I've emailed with the Support rep and have assured him that what I am saying is correct.  We did have a bug that has been fixed and I've asked him to test this again with you.

Thanks,
Cheryl
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Cheryl,

This bug has not been fixed.  I put a test lead into two engagement programs and they both sent emails (the casts were 2 hours apart).  I have updated the support case with a link to the test lead.

Erica
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Erica - we will have this sent back to Engineering.
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Cheryl, has this issue been resolved?