Re: Communication Limits & Operational Emails

Anonymous
Not applicable

Communication Limits & Operational Emails

Hi,

I have a requirement to limit communications to 1 email per day. What I would like to know is that do communication limits by pass if the email is set to operational?

Thanks,

Kait

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Kaitlyn Butler​, unfortunately no. Operational emails are still considered in daily communication limits. There is an idea out to vote on changing this:

Let me know if this helps!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Scott K. Wilder​ could you audit this and mark if this is correct? thank you!

Srujan_Vishwana
Level 4

HiKim Butler​,

There is no automatic way for operational ​emails to bypass communication limits but you can ignore the communication limits before scheduling the send. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sru

Anna_Bruning1
Level 4

Just to clarify, what I think you're asking is if someone has met their communication limit, will they still receive an operational email. In that case, the answer is yes. Operational emails will be sent regardless of communication limits.

What Allison is referring to is that operational emails count towards the communication limits. So if you send an operational email and have a non-operational email sent shortly afterwards, you may run into your communication limit with the operational email. This is a consideration if you send confirmation emails for registrations. The confirmations could block people from receiving non-operational emails.

Hope that helps!

Anna

Kimberly_Galit1
Level 4 - Champion

2020 Update

In case anyone stumbles upon this, read the new post @Amy_Goldfine wrote about Communication Limits!