Communication Limits Failure

Caitlin_Findley
Level 1

Communication Limits Failure

We have communication limits in place in Marketo (1 per day, 4 per week, block non-operational emails) and we're noticing people who are surpassing those limits on non-operational sends. I've checked and confirmed that none of these emails are marked as operational, so there should be no reason these people are getting multiple sends in a day. Has anyone else experienced this?

3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Pickles
Level 7

Re: Communication Limits Failure

Hi Caitlin,

This is a really odd scenario. It's a little hard to work out without having direct access to your account, so I suggest you reach out to Marketo Support who can dig into things behind the scenes for you.

Michael_Florin
Level 10

Are you aware that the default setting of any Smart Campaign that you create is to ignore the communication limits?

2019-10-18 00_01_03-Marketo _ 01 Update Member Status (Schedule) • Marketing Activities.jpg

You have to set every email sending Smart Campaign to "Block non-operational emails", otherwise your global communication settings don't mean anything.

Josh_Pickles
Level 7

My brain is clearly fried - I had completely forgotten about this. Good thinking Michael!