SOLVED

Communication Limits & Alerts

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Communication Limits & Alerts

I'm curious how the new Communication Limits affect alert emails. Does the new feature handle both the "Send Email" and "Send Alert" flow step?

Ultimately, I suppose I just need to make them operational, but I'm just curious.
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Communication Limits & Alerts

Send Alert goes to Sales People, so restrictions should not affect that flow action.

Operational Emails are exempt from the limit unless you explicitly include them.

http://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000LAoDCAW

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Send Alert goes to Sales People, so restrictions should not affect that flow action.

Operational Emails are exempt from the limit unless you explicitly include them.

http://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000LAoDCAW
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm going to say that Operational Emails are always exempt from the limit.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know operational emails are always exempt, so my plan is just to go through and turn all of them into operational emails if they're not already.

I was just trying to think through whether the Send Alert flow step is restricted by Communication Limits. To add a little color commentary, we have a custom API to our CRM, so when we use the "Send Alert" step, I simply have specify the email I want them to go to; I cannot select "Lead Owner" or "Account Owner" like you SFDC people (yes, I'm jealous...).

Sometimes I use tokens to pull in the email's from the fields I created for Lead and Account Owners (as you may know, Marketo's initial L.O. and A.O. are Marketo-controlled and cannot be affected by an API or anything but Marketo's native integrations).

I agree with Josh that I think that the Send Alert flow step might be it's own little thing, unaffected by the Communication Limits. But, regardless, you're right Adam - I just need to buck up and take the time to turn them operational.

Thanks though!