SOLVED

Re: [Coffee Break] 08/23/23, 8am PST: Dynamic Content, Featuring Marketo Engage Champions!

Go to solution
Zoe_Forman
Level 8 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: [Coffee Break] 08/23/23, 8am PST: Dynamic Content, Featuring Marketo Engage Champions!

My question was more about sending dynamic content emails to multiple recipients to approve - based on language segmentation. Can WorkFront split down the previews by segmentation or would it have to send the whole email?
Thanks

JimmySpencer_
Level 3 - Champion

Hi @Zoe_Forman 

I'm not aware of WF being able to do this. What is the difficulty in the process of approval for you? Are the approvers going into marketo and having a hard time figuring out how to get to the version they need to approve? If yes, I wonder how they are being advised. Are you providing a static list they can easily leverage in preview mode?

For example, you can create a static list with a very user-friendly name, something like "Language Approvals" and then have a test record for each variation. Then in preview mode use the "View By List" option to cycle through the test records that match up to your segmentations.

If you're already doing this and they are still having trouble it may be an opportunity to do a hands-on training with them.

--Just a guy who knows enough to get into trouble--
Zoe_Forman

Hi @JimmySpencer_ 

We are not currently using WF but have JIRA ticketing system in place, which has many spaces and not connected to Marketo.

It's more curiosity of how WF could hand an HTML email with dynamic content so for example, the German HTML version can be forwarded to one proofreader/approver, the French to another and so on.

I use language segmentation in dynamic emails - and wondered how WF would split the languages and forward for approval or if just the Default would be sent - I assume everyone would have to have Marketo access so they could select their own language in view?

JimmySpencer_
Level 3 - Champion

Hey Folks! Jimmy and Corey are on and ready for your questions!

Zoe_Forman

Hi Jimmy & Corey @JimmySpencer_

This is my first Community Coffee break.

I added a question in the chat above - do I need to copy and add again?

Zoe

Tags (1)
Jon_Chen
Marketo Employee

Hey @Zoe_Forman Thanks for joining us for your first Coffee Break! No worries on copying it again - Jimmy and Corey will answer it shortly!

amiratf
Level 1

@JimmySpencer_@Corey_Bayless I am new to dynamic content. Is the best way to get started to build our segments first? Is it easier to start with email or website dynamic content first? 

Amira T Fahoum
JimmySpencer_
Level 3 - Champion

Hi @amiratf!

In my opinion the easiest way to get started with dynamic content is through email. It is a little more intuitive (since most folks use email much heavier than web in their early learning stages). 

The dynamic content feature requires a segmentation so you must have your segmentations created first.  Be sure to brush up on the segmentation documentation to understand how they work.

Two quick notes on dynamic content/segmentations:

1. A person can only belong to one segment within a segmentation so you may have to account for variables in creative ways.
  2. A dynamic content block can only use a single segmentation for it's output. Meaning a dynamic content block can't renders content based on (for example) an industry and a geography segmentation. You would have to choose one or the other. 
Zoe_Forman

Hi @JimmySpencer_ @Corey_Bayless 

I'm working in EMEA and work in upto 12 languages and have sub-region segmentation.

I use Dynamic content emails using segmentation.

At EMEA Adobe Summit, I was involved in a couple of sessions around Adobe WorkFront as I am looking for efficiency and better Email workflows, which would include audience targeting, translations, creation, approval, delivery and reporting.

I'd like to understand how WorkFront could work with Dynamic content, specifically in multiple language segmentation.

Thanks, Zoe

Jon_Chen
Marketo Employee

Hi @Zoe_Forman It looks like Jimmy responded to your question on the first page - you can view his response here. Let us know if you have any follow-up comments! Thanks.