Re: Cloning Assets Between Workspaces

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cloning Assets Between Workspaces

We have 14 different workspaces (for the different regions using Marketo) and cloning a landing page amongst all of them is REALLY tedious.  

PLease add to the roadmap an easier way to move assets between workspaces.

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

We have 23 workspaces, representing all of our countries where Marketo has been deployed.  I hear you, Tim.  Some serious enhancements are needed to make it easier for global organizations like ours operate efficiently within Marketo.  In your case, the fact that you cannot clone assets between workspaces without jumping through hoops (clone to another local temporary program, clone that program to a temporary folder, move that folder to the desired workspace, and then clone that asset to the destination program) is so frustrating.
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Here's another issue I've posed to the community that's still unanswered:

Each workspace (in Design Studio) has their own sets of landing page and email templates (the same in each country - but just named uniquely since that's what Marketo requires).  When we clone a landing page to another workspace, we can easily identify the local landing page template to use.  But for emails this is not possible.  The email that we cloned to another workspace works properly, even though the template that's being used is from another workspace.  I'm wondering how that is possible when you typically cannot use assets from another workspace (except images/files).  Ideally, I'd like to use the local template to avoid issues down the road.  Anyone have any thoughts on this?