SOLVED

Clone/Move assets across workspaces

Go to solution
Rohit_Gangishet
Level 2

Clone/Move assets across workspaces

Hi,

I noticed that I am not able to move or clone assets from the default workspace to a different workspace. I am an admin in my Marketo instance. I checked some of the older articles which said - clone the asset to a folder and drag-drop the folder to the target Workspace. However, I do not see this approach working.

I had Marketing User and Admin roles initially. I thought, this could be the issue as Marketo defaults to the most restrictive permissions when there are multiple roles. I got the Marketing User role removed and tried moving the assets but the issue still exists.

I would like to understand the reason for this - is it something to do with the updates in the product features or with the access level in the tool.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Clone/Move assets across workspaces

Hi Rohit,

You clone to:

- A different workspace

- A campaign folder (so not a program)

- Specify the destination folder (which is not part of a program in the destination workspace)

- Give your cloned program a name

So you do not select an existing program to add your folder to, but give the copy of your program to clone a new destination name.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Katja

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Nicholas_Hajdin
Level 7 - Champion Alumni

I believe the assets need to be in a program in order to clone across workspaces. 

Rohit_Gangishet
Level 2

Hi @Nicholas_Hajdin . Yes, it is a part of the program. The destination folder in a different workspace is also a part of a program.

I am trying to clone/move a Form from one to another workspace. Are there different set of rules for forms? I am not sure!

Katja_Keesom

Ah, that might be the issue. You can not always add a program within a program. Have you tried cloning / moving it to a folder that is not part of another program?

Rohit_Gangishet
Level 2

Hi @Katja_Keesom .. I am sorry if I understood your response. While cloning/moving we are asked to select the destination program. I am not adding a program inside a program. I am trying to move or clone a form from one workspace to a different workspace.

Katja_Keesom

Hi Rohit,

You clone to:

- A different workspace

- A campaign folder (so not a program)

- Specify the destination folder (which is not part of a program in the destination workspace)

- Give your cloned program a name

So you do not select an existing program to add your folder to, but give the copy of your program to clone a new destination name.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Katja

Rohit_Gangishet
Level 2

Hi @Katja_Keesom , I am not sure if I understood you completely. I am trying to clone a FORM to a different workspace. Not a Program. Let me know if I missed anything here.

Katja_Keesom

Hi Rohit,

This post will help you for sure: https://nation.marketo.com/t5/Marketo-Whisperer-Blogs/Cloning-and-Sharing-Across-Workspaces/ba-p/246...

Important comments there:

To move assets to a new workspace, put them into a folder and drag the folder over to the other workspace.

• Create a folder
  • Clone the asset to the newly created folder NOTE: Form names must be unique.  Append the asset name with the workspace name e.g. Content Form (UK)
  • Drag the folder to the appropriate workspace
  • Move asset to the correct folder within the target workspace
Charanjit_Singh
Level 1

We had the same issue. Just wanted to add another note here that the source asset(s) (E.g Program) should not have any Smart List for example that is limited to the source workspace. If you have that then please remove it from the Smart List and then only you would be allowed to clone.

Hope this helps someone!