SOLVED

Re: Click to form conversion rate?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Click to form conversion rate?

What is the industry average for email click to form conversion?

So basically the % of people I should expect to fill out the form after they click on the email link that directs them to said form. I'm looking for this benchmark everywhere and can't find it

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

This very much depends on your SEO, copy, form type, traffic, page, and audience. I would be reluctant to use any benchmark until you have enough of your own historical data. I'd say it ranges from .5% to 4% for most firms.

You can bet your unsubscribe page gets 30% to 90% form fills

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Phillip_Wild
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Hi Val

Great question! Our unsubscribe page seems to convert very well, for some reason (around 88%). Simple "enter to win a trip to x" sweepstakes will also convert for us at around the 90% range - when we ask email, first name, last name. But the form to allow users to sign up for our newsletters sits at around 50%.

The "average" form completion rate will always be dependent on the number of fields you are requesting from the user, what they expect to get in return, the look and feel of the landing page, and a bunch of other factors. Contest pages will always convert much better than "request a quote" pages and the like, in general, just as one example. So it's tricky to give hard numbers.

Overall, I wouldn't focus on a form completion rate as a goal in isolation. If your completion rate is 90% but the data isn't actionable, then wouldn't you rather have a 50% completion rate with quality leads coming through? Set up the form and the page according to best practices, and then try to incrementally improve from there. If you can hold data quality and utility of the data constant while increasing the completion rate, then you know you are heading in the right direction!

Sorry, this might not be the answer you are looking for, but I hope it helps to get you thinking!

Phil

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

This very much depends on your SEO, copy, form type, traffic, page, and audience. I would be reluctant to use any benchmark until you have enough of your own historical data. I'd say it ranges from .5% to 4% for most firms.

You can bet your unsubscribe page gets 30% to 90% form fills