Re: Choosing particular data capture fields using Marketo forms

Tori_Costa
Level 2

Choosing particular data capture fields using Marketo forms

Hello,

This is a weird (and I am assuming not possible) question . I was interested in creating a form using Marketo and was wondering if it is possible to choose that Marketo only capture certain data in the system.

I work in healthcare and want to produce a campaign that would encourage physician referral. Different service lines have varying degrees of information needs for referrals. Some are very straightforward (contact info) and others very complex (detail on patient condition). Though Marketo is HIPPA compliant, there is still a lot of sensitivity on what type of information is captured outside of our own servers. Would it be possible to create a Marketo form that had the necessary fields that a service line would need, but that would only capture basic contact info within the Marketo database and then send the full detail to the referral request team?

Thanks,

Tori

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

No this is not possible out of the box.  That said I have written some custom code that allowed me to place multiple forms on a page and submit them both when the submit button is hit.  So you could do the same, use javascript to submit both forms, one goes to Marketo, the other (or both) go to your the request team.

Tori_Costa
Level 2

Thanks so very much!

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

As long as you are not targeting IE 8 or 9, this is literally ~6 lines of Forms 2.0 API code.