Checkboxes on Forms 2.0 with text block underneath

Anonymous
Not applicable

Checkboxes on Forms 2.0 with text block underneath

I am having the hardest time getting my form to look the way I want.

First, why are there only Left and Above options for where you want the label position to go? I want my fields to the RIGHT of my checkbox options (not every single field). 

Second, I want to insert a text box under each subscription checkbox with a description.  I am no CSS wizard so I'm not sure what kind of magic I can insert to make this happen.  Anyone have some code i can copy/paste?

Third, I want to vent my frustration with Marketo links that don't work anymore. "An Error Occurred Processing Your Request" page is the bane of my Marketo Community existence.  
Tags (1)
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Checkboxes on Forms 2.0 with text block underneath

Hi Michelle,

1) Custom CSS

2) Just use Rich Text?
0EM50000000RvTp.jpg

3) Yes it's a problem with some links, but when you report it I think they get fixed.

Best regards

Steffen

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Steffen - I don't know what kind of custom CSS to use to get the checkbox to show on the left.. thus my whole dilemma. Do you know what code I can use?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Michelle,
what should it look like?
Because I just had a look and this version is also possible using "Checkboxes", there is a field "Buttons on the left" or anything like that:

0EM50000000RvUb.jpg

Best regards

Steffen
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I tried that already. It doesn't do anything. I also don't know why there are two options for "Checkbox" and "Checkboxes" with no real difference other than "Label to the right" (which doesn't do anything).
Ideally I'd like it to look like this:
0EM50000000RvUl.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Michelle,
Checkbox: 1 Checkbox
Checkboxes: Multiple Checkboxes

Maybe other users have an idea or code to implement what you want there.

Best regards

Steffen
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hi Michelle,

We have the following code on our landing page template:

label[for=fieldname] { 
	float:right!important;
	margin-left: 10px!important;
	width:316px!important;	
}

Where fieldname is the Marketo field name (you can get this from field management). This results in the checkbox moving to the left, and the label being on the right.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Dory - are you using this code on the custom CSS in Forms 2.0? I tried using it like that but didn't do anything to the form.. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was there any resolution to your question? I tried the CSS Dory Viscogliosi​ provided and wasn't able to see a difference. I'd love it if there was an easy way to do this!

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Are you looking for Michelle's first question or second?