SOLVED

Re: Checkboxes (GDPR field) not showing up

Go to solution
Christine_Libro
Level 3

Checkboxes (GDPR field) not showing up

The added field for our GDPR/Europe compliance has stopped showing up on web pages. (ex: web page  vs. Marketo landing page).

Our developer insists that something changed on the Marketo form. I suspect there's something missing on the web page code since the form appears fine on the Marketo landing page.

I don't know enough about coding to properly troubleshoot, so I'm reaching out to the community. Any help or insight is greatly appreciated! 

For checking both versions of the privacy field, you can use Austria (GDPR) and Hong Kong (APAC).

I think there is added styling underneath the form that may just be missing the field type (it's a Checkboxes field).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

They're right in this case. It actually is the form.

Your Marketo LP is likely using an older copy of the form descriptor because it hasn't been reapproved.

But the newest version form descriptor, as used on the main website, has something wrong with the internal structure of the Email_Opt_In__c row (the one that's managed with Visibility Rules) that causes it to be empty. Make sure all your ducks are in a row w/the VRs.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

They're right in this case. It actually is the form.

Your Marketo LP is likely using an older copy of the form descriptor because it hasn't been reapproved.

But the newest version form descriptor, as used on the main website, has something wrong with the internal structure of the Email_Opt_In__c row (the one that's managed with Visibility Rules) that causes it to be empty. Make sure all your ducks are in a row w/the VRs.

Christine_Libro
Level 3

Awesome - thank you so much! 

Documenting here in case anyone else had issues. My Email_Opt_In__c field's visibility rules were based on the Country field in the form. I submitted a request to have a country added to our Salesforce pick list, but the wrong field was updated so my dropdown options on the form weren't in sync with Salesforce. This caused an error in the visibility rules. 

Chris_Goelkel
Level 2

I have seen this same issue multiple times, in my case everything is approved, it tends to happen after you update another field on the form. I have only gotten around it by rebuilding the form. Do you guys have another fix?