SOLVED

Re: Check active API users

Go to solution
RaulEr
Level 4

Check active API users

Hi team!

Just wanted to confirm. If I see the API Call Information window in Marketo and check the request from the last 7 days. Those users would be the only active API users that are currently interacting with my Marketo instance, right?

I ask this because I saw a lot of API users created before me, but nobody knows if they are active or not, but I don't want to delete them to later find out that a partner or an external web service was using them.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Agreed! If there's no API call from an API user in the past 7 days that does not say that the API user's been dormant and it's fine to just remove it. One of the reasons why documenting the reason for the creation of each API user along with how and where it is used is crucial. As a last resort, I'd advise you to raise a support ticket to get a log of API requests made by each API user over a broader period of time which you can't access from the instance as an end user. I'm not 100% whether Marketo would be able to flourish a lot of historic data, but I'm positive that they'd have more historical data than that of the past 7 days at least. Let us know how it goes.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Vinay_Kumar
Level 9 - Community Advisor

There can be other active API users, but they didn't raise any API requests in the past 7 days. 

The API information will show your current usage of the Marketo API in the past 7 days and the users that are requesting the APIs. 

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Agreed! If there's no API call from an API user in the past 7 days that does not say that the API user's been dormant and it's fine to just remove it. One of the reasons why documenting the reason for the creation of each API user along with how and where it is used is crucial. As a last resort, I'd advise you to raise a support ticket to get a log of API requests made by each API user over a broader period of time which you can't access from the instance as an end user. I'm not 100% whether Marketo would be able to flourish a lot of historic data, but I'm positive that they'd have more historical data than that of the past 7 days at least. Let us know how it goes.