Chat integration

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chat integration

We use Boldchat in my company and integrate it with Saleforce pretty well but I'd like to understand Bill's comments a bit more.    When would a chatter exist in marketo  if there is no direct integration between the chat program and Marketo? 

Also, there is information on the web about integrating Boldchat with Google Analytics which leads me to think that the chat visitor tracking may not be independent and, without proper configuration, will result in multiple tracking by GA and Marketo.

Does anyone have best practices on how to integrate asynchronous GA code, munchkin code and Boldchat visitor/conversion tracking?

Thanks!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great discussion so far.  Our perspective while analyzing chat tools has been: we don't need to capture the full text of the chat in Marketo, but we do want the fact that chat took place to feed into a scoring model, and be recorded in activity.  CRM is IMHO the better place to store transcripts, but we want to elevat leads that engage with us directly in chat.  Any advice on how to implement that?

Ben_Griffith1
Level 3

I've done a POC with LivePerson integrating the chat events as activities in Marketo.  Definitely not straightforward, we setup a webservice in SFDC to handle the webhooks from liveperson and to push the activity into Marketo.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I'm quite sure this can be accomplished with the LiveEngage JS API and Marketo directly.