Changing the picklist DISPLAY values within visibility rules

Anonymous
Not applicable

Changing the picklist DISPLAY values within visibility rules

So based on testing, I think the answer to this is sadly going to be "Not possible," but reaching out to all of the experts here in the hope that I am wrong:

Love the visilbity functionality of Forms 2.0 where I can change how the field label for, say, Question 2 appears based on how they answered Question 1. What I'm wondering is if I can take that one step deeper.

I would like the display values on Question 2 to change depending on how they answered Question 1. See screen shot below for how I was trying to do it. Since the picklist values show up in the "Advanced Editor" style, I thought I could change the display value as well as the field label. But when I preview, it doesn't hold and still shows the standard display values in the picklist. Obviously, if I'm asking the customer if they prefer German in Question 1, I would like the subsequent choices they choose from in other questions to appear in German (not just the label). And I certainly would prefer NOT to have to have a set of custom language questions with translated picklist value for each language I want to support on this global form. Yucky.

Am I going about this wrong, or is it just not possible via Forms 2.0 functionality? And if it's not possible, is there jscript that could do it behind the scenes. I have access to a web developer on my team, but I'd like to have a sense of what I'm asking of her before I do it.

0EM50000000Si66.jpg
Thanks!
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Changing the picklist DISPLAY values within visibility rules

Did you add all of the options to the main field first?

If that doesn't work, then just add javascript to do this.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Changing the picklist DISPLAY values within visibility rules

Josh, thanks for the suggestion! I tried it and the result was that if I deleted any of the other options from the main field display value during the visibility part, the form would simply not show those choices at all (creating a blank drop down). It's like Marketo refuses to handle any display values that are changed from the original inputs based on visibility. Sounds like it's going to be a javascript fix. Thanks again!