SOLVED

Changing SFDC integration credentials

Go to solution
Soledad_Angel
Level 2

Changing SFDC integration credentials

I need to change the salesforce credentials from myself to a different user. Are there any considerations I need to take before doing so? Do I just ask the new user to go and enter his credentials?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Steven_Vanderb3
Marketo Employee

Re: Changing SFDC integration credentials

You could run into permissions issues if the new user has a different level than the current user. If you have any SFDC workflows set up specific to your user acting as the sync user, you'd also need to re-examine those.

However, what you should really have is a sync user used ONLY by Marketo. Not a human, not any other integrations, just Marketo. Having multiple users/systems use the same user makes it hard to control granular permissions, track API usage, and audit changes.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Steven_Vanderb3
Marketo Employee

Re: Changing SFDC integration credentials

You could run into permissions issues if the new user has a different level than the current user. If you have any SFDC workflows set up specific to your user acting as the sync user, you'd also need to re-examine those.

However, what you should really have is a sync user used ONLY by Marketo. Not a human, not any other integrations, just Marketo. Having multiple users/systems use the same user makes it hard to control granular permissions, track API usage, and audit changes.