Re: Changing Record Type: Lead To Contact

Anonymous
Not applicable

Changing Record Type: Lead To Contact

Is there a simple way to change a record type from "lead" to "contact" in Marketo? We have a lot of "leads" in SalesForce that need to be flipped to a "contact" record type. However, in Marketo under Record Type and Record Type (A) I just see some codes. My plan was to flip the record type in Marketo and then sync these to SalesForce. Am I supposed to select one of the record type codes? I'm not sure what they are...

Any help would be most appreciated!
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lead and Contact are not Record Types, they are "SFDC Type". There is a Flow Step for converting leads to contacts, but I'm not sure how consistent the behavior is, so I haven't used it.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is the how-to article for the approach Jason mentioned:

https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000LAB6CAO
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is what worries me from the article. I think you need to do this in Salesforce and/or using tools like DemandTools to do this right.
User-added image
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm with Jason on this - when I encounter this issue, I always convert using DemandTools and have a specific lead status that I use so I know later I converted with DT.
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

I tried this before in Marketo, changing the SFDC type from lead to contact and it didn't work for me.  It has to be done on the SFDC side.