SOLVED

Changing Leads from One Stream to Another

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Changing Leads from One Stream to Another

Background: We have set up a nurture where we have 2 different streams (based off of company type). Emails are similar for both streams just varied slightly to make the emails more personal. Meaning if someone was in Stream 1 and received email 1, and then was moved due to updated information to Stream 2 they would get the same information if they received email 1 from Stream 2.

What I would like to have happen:

1. Lead was sent email 1 (stream 1)

2. Lead company type was updated due to more information

3. Lead changes stream (now in stream 2)

4. Since they received email 1 (from Stream 1) they SKIP email 1 (in Stream 2) and are sent email 2 (in Stream 2)

Any help or insight is appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Changing Leads from One Stream to Another

So changing the stream to stream 2 will mean the lead begins receiving all content in that stream, they cannot "skip" content. However, there are a couple ways to achieve what you are looking for:

1. You can run the casts through outside smart campaigns where the smart list will include "not was sent email" to make sure they did not receive the similar email from stream 1 or stream 2 before the flow step of send email (ex. "not was sent email": email 1 (stream 1) > send email: email 1 (stream 2))

2. The other option is to have several more streams in the nurture which do not have the first email. After the trigger of the company type is updated, the flow would be to change stream but it is dependent on which email they have previously been sent

(ex. change stream: if was sent email 1 (stream 1) > change to stream 3)

if was sent email 1 (stream 2) > change to stream 4

So now stream 3 and stream 4 are clones of stream 1 and stream 2 respectively, but they do not include the first email, so leads changed to these streams will not receive that first email again and their next cast will be email 2.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Devraj_Grewal

So changing the stream to stream 2 will mean the lead begins receiving all content in that stream, they cannot "skip" content. However, there are a couple ways to achieve what you are looking for:

1. You can run the casts through outside smart campaigns where the smart list will include "not was sent email" to make sure they did not receive the similar email from stream 1 or stream 2 before the flow step of send email (ex. "not was sent email": email 1 (stream 1) > send email: email 1 (stream 2))

2. The other option is to have several more streams in the nurture which do not have the first email. After the trigger of the company type is updated, the flow would be to change stream but it is dependent on which email they have previously been sent

(ex. change stream: if was sent email 1 (stream 1) > change to stream 3)

if was sent email 1 (stream 2) > change to stream 4

So now stream 3 and stream 4 are clones of stream 1 and stream 2 respectively, but they do not include the first email, so leads changed to these streams will not receive that first email again and their next cast will be email 2.

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hey Danielle, this is a little bit different than what Devraj mentions above.. One of the perks of using Engagement Programs is that a person will never receive the exact same piece of content more than once. So, you absolutely can do what you're looking to do, exactly as you've described it. Step 4 happens without you doing anything, as long as it's the exact same email (by ID number, not just by content -- so no clones!!)

Hope this helps, but let me know if you have any other questions!

Devraj_Grewal

Hi Dory,

I believe Danielle wanted to make sure that adding to stream 2 means the lead will not receive the first piece of content and then instead skip that. The cadence will default to the first piece of content similar to email 1 (stream 1), so she wants to make sure they do not receive that similar content again. Since email 1 (stream 1) and email 1 (stream 2) are different assets, the engagement will still first send to email 1 (stream 2) by default.

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hey Devraj, I was interpreting it as: they have people who will be added to either the first stream or the second stream based on the amount of info in their record, but that they want people to receive email #1 if they started out in stream 2. But, it's possible that they are actually different emails now that I've reread the first sentence.

So, given that, I'd probably simplify things and use the same email for streams 1 & 2

Devraj_Grewal

Dory,

Yup, she mentioned email 1 from both streams are similar emails but slightly different, regardless they are different assets altogether. So having received email 1 (stream 1) still makes the leads eligible to receive email 1 (stream 2), despite that engagement programs do not send the same content more than once.

I'll all for simplicity! But I don't think that's an option here. The only way to ensure leads do not receive both email 1 (stream 1) and email 1 (stream 2) is to have an outside smart campaign do the sends or add a couple more streams, both of which I recommended.

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Haha, it's always an option.. just gotta make a case for it

Devraj_Grewal

Of course! Also was thinking that another option would be to make email 1 dynamic based on company type. That way it's still one asset and cannot be resent to anyone, unless since it's in two streams means it can be sent twice.