Re: Changing Field Labels in SFDC and Marketo

Anonymous
Not applicable

Changing Field Labels in SFDC and Marketo

If I change a field label ONLY in SFDC, it does not change the field label in Marketo. When I try to change it in Marketo to match SFDC, it says it's locked.

Is there a way around this other than changing the API name in SFDC, which would create a new field in Marketo?

Thanks! I wish I had a Marketo sandbox...
Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Jonas_Verhaegh1
Level 2

Hi,

I see this is a request from 2013!!! Has there any update on this? I have the same issue.

Best regards,

Jonas

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Jonas

If you want to spark interest, better open a new thread

The answer is NO. Marketo labels are set when the fields are created and after this, they can only be changed in Marketo.

The reason why the fields labels are being locked is because the fields are in use. If you want to be able to change these, you must first remove all usage of the field, then edit the field label, then place the field back in the smart lists and flow steps it is used.

And indeed, changing the API name in SFDC would create a new field in Marketo.

-Greg

Rachit_Puri2
Level 7

That's nice to know. I didn't know changing the API name in SFDC can also create a new field in MKTO. Thanks for sharing, Greg.

Jonas_Verhaegh1
Level 2

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your reply. Sorry for the late reply we had holidays over here.

Actually it didn't solve my issue. Even when removing the field from all assets, smart campaigns, etc. I still can't change the label name of the field in Marketo. It simply refuses to do so. Could this be because it is originally an SFDC field?

Thanks

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Jonas,

No, this should normally wor. This means that the field is still in use somewhere, even if it does not show in the list.

Can you pls provide a screenshot of the field details from admin -> field management ?

-Greg

Jonas_Verhaegh1
Level 2

Hi Greg,

Thank you for your reply.

It was solved (support intervened). Probably an element that did not show up in the list and prevented me from saving the new label.

Best,

Jonas