SOLVED

Changing Disclaimer at the End of Emails for Purchased List Leads

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Changing Disclaimer at the End of Emails for Purchased List Leads

Does anyone know if there is a way to alter the follow disclaimer at the end of Marketo email Templates "This email was sent to you because your email preferences are set to receive our updates." This issue is, we purchase lists from an outside broker and email them through Marketo. We'd like to be as transparent as possible since these list leads.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nicholas_Manojl
Level 9

Re: Changing Disclaimer at the End of Emails for Purchased List Leads

Joshua, I'd double check with your account manager and let them know you're using purchased lists. I'm not the policeman here so I'm not interested in making further comment and I'll leave this for you to follow-up, but I'd advise you to check out the link below.

Best Practices for Purchased Data

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Keith_Nyberg2
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Hey Joshua,

I would recommend building a segment for regular vs specialty case leads. Then when creating emails, make the section with this disclaimer dynamic based on the segment you created. This will send the email and change that section for each person receiving it based on where they fall in the segment. Important to note that you'll need that space of the email to be editable to make it dynamic. You can do this yourself if you are semi familiar with HTML. This guide should help if you need to update: Email Template Syntax - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation

Let me know if you have any questions!

Sincerely,

Keith Nyberg

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

This issue is, we purchase lists from an outside broker and email them through Marketo. We'd like to be as transparent as possible since these list leads.

I wouldn't call "you have opted in" (without mentioning where or with whom they've opted in) "transparent"!

It actually seems like the opposite. I'd be pretty irate if someone bought my info (legally) and then claimed my email preferences with them were anything other than "not set."

Transparency would be telling them the list was obtained from a partner, and that they had allowed the partner to share their info.

EDIT: My bad, I misread the text as what Joshua wanted, as opposed to what he was replacing.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Absolutely, hence my question on how to change the information below so I can be transparent and let them know I obtained a list. Marketo automatically had that information set, so I just wasn't sure if we could or how to change the section at the bottom.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Sorry mate, misread that, must've been posting too late even for me.

Nicholas_Manojl
Level 9

Joshua, I'd double check with your account manager and let them know you're using purchased lists. I'm not the policeman here so I'm not interested in making further comment and I'll leave this for you to follow-up, but I'd advise you to check out the link below.

Best Practices for Purchased Data