SOLVED

Re: Changes to Webhooks not updating immediately

Go to solution
Jo_Pitts1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Changes to Webhooks not updating immediately

Morning all,

has anyone else noticed that making a change to a webhook does not update it immediately? 

I've had several instances where I've updated the payload and/or the URL for a webhook, and then gone to a test record and done a campaign request for the campaign where I have a call to the webhook in question siting.

it is quite clear that the URL and Payload haven't been updated (just go to the campaign and look in the results).

This seems a terrible flaw.

Thoughts?

Regards

Jo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

The infamous "stuck webhook definition" bug.

Yes, it's bad — and in my experience doesn't update, ever. Although only some of my instances have the problem at all.

If you're bitten by it, you need to clone a new version of your webhook. (Arguably, this helps you do version control.)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

The infamous "stuck webhook definition" bug.

Yes, it's bad — and in my experience doesn't update, ever. Although only some of my instances have the problem at all.

If you're bitten by it, you need to clone a new version of your webhook. (Arguably, this helps you do version control.)

Jo_Pitts1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

It does seem to update sometimes... eventually.

Wildly frustrating!  Mind you the whole webhook editing screen is a nightmare, the payload entry box is useless, and the fact that it happily changes the selected webhook on the right after each save is insane (and makes it easy to start editing the wrong response mappings)