Change Status of Everyone with Same Email

James_Walsh
Level 3

Change Status of Everyone with Same Email

So I have a lead nurture campaign in Marketo. If somebody submits a form on our landing page to get a quote for our product, their record is passed to Salesforce, which connects to Marketo and then will automatically send that person an email with their quote information. The quote then leads to an application, However if the person fails to complete their application they are then entered into our lead nurture campaign which consists of 5 emails that get sent over a span of 30 days.

Within these emails there is a CTA button that will bring them back to the landing page to submit a new quote form and hopefully begin an application for our product. We have a rule in the Smart Campaign flow that removes leads from the campaign who complete their application (Application Status) so that we are not emailing people who have already completed the app. The issue I'm having is, say someone submits a quote on Tuesday and a record is created in Marketo, but they don't start an application. They will receive a lead nurture email on Wednesday asking them to continue their application. They click the link and fill out the form again, thus creating a duplicate record in Salesforce/Marketo. This time however they go all the way and complete the application. This should unenroll them from the lead nurture campaign. The issue is that because we have duplicate records, the second person would get unenrolled, but the first record is still live because their Application Status didn't change on that record, only the second record and the first contact will still be sent emails asking them to complete an application they've already completed.

Is there a way where I could set up a rule that says if one persons "Application Status" is a certain value, update it to all contacts that Application Status have the same email address?  

I know the bigger issue is the duplicate values, but just looking for a workaround now.

Thanks,

Jim

1 REPLY 1
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Change Status of Everyone with Same Email

Is there a way where I could set up a rule that says if one persons "Application Status" is a certain value, update it to all contacts that Application Status have the same email address?  

Not without a webhook (a larger ball of wax, of course).

If someone doesn't qualify for a Smart List then you can't take action on them in the Flow. (Just for completeness, the sole exception to this is the system Unsubscribed field which propagates to other leads that aren't in the flow, matched by Email Address).