SOLVED

Re: Change Data Value = Date + X Days

Go to solution
JD_Nelson
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Change Data Value = Date + X Days

I have a date field that I need to populate to be 30 days from the triggered campaign start date.  I was hoping I could do a Change Data Value flow utilizing the {{system.date}} +30 or something, but can't figure out if A) this is allowed, or B) what the proper verbiage to use is - ?  Any assistance?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi JD,

It's been a couple of months, so I'm sure you found a way by now, but it is possible to do this in Marketo.

The syntax is like this: {{system.date}} + 30 days.

This is a screenshot from a similar use we have in our instance:

Blog-150714-img1.png

I've yet to see where this is documented, but we've been using it for a while without issue in our Change Data Value flow steps.

I have a blog post on how this is done as well as some other Marketo date math use cases.

-Bill

Bill Lundy

Digital Pi

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

see wait step, Token to see how that works.

Also
Wait 30 days works too.
Justin_Norris1

I am assuming Josh means to do a wait step with token to "Wait' for system.date + 30 then do a date stamp of your date field. 

This will work but the drawback is you need to wait out the 30 days for the field to be populated. This could be a problem if you need to access that date field immediately (before the 30 days is up) in order to trigger some other logic. 

This is drawback of Marketo currently -- there is no ability to do math of that kind. 

For those scenarios I have typically done the logic in SFDC using a workflow rule or something similar to stamp the field. Then the value syncs back to Marketo and can be used there as well. 

Make sure to allow time in your flow for the round-trip if you are building immediate next steps based on the date field. 

Justin Norris | Perkuto
JD_Nelson

Yah - I'm hoping to populate a token that says "In 30 days, on {{token}}, you will ..." so I primarily (and only, for that matter) need it to populate the text... I'll look into the SFDC stamp and report back with my findings...  Thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi JD,

It's been a couple of months, so I'm sure you found a way by now, but it is possible to do this in Marketo.

The syntax is like this: {{system.date}} + 30 days.

This is a screenshot from a similar use we have in our instance:

Blog-150714-img1.png

I've yet to see where this is documented, but we've been using it for a while without issue in our Change Data Value flow steps.

I have a blog post on how this is done as well as some other Marketo date math use cases.

-Bill

Bill Lundy

Digital Pi

JD_Nelson

bafflingly easy...?!  Thanks!

Justin_Norris1

Bill Lundy​, holy cow -- never knew that was possible!

What an amazing little thing. So many applications.

Thanks for sharing and good post on the date math too.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not documented anywhere and very helpful! Thanks Bill Lundy!

Anonymous
Not applicable

This and other tokens are documented here: System Tokens Glossary - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

The specific token is listed, yes... But the ability to use it for equations totally isn't listed.