SOLVED

Champion/Challenger Test Questions

Go to solution
Mariana
Level 2

Champion/Challenger Test Questions

Hello,

I was creating a champion/challenger test on my nurture program and came up with some question:

Mariana_0-1698925717249.png

1- For the test to run do I need to add each challenger email to the stream?

2- When i select the winner of each test, do i need to remove or deactivate the other emails from the stream (the ones that did not win the test)

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Champion/Challenger Test Questions

"send the test out, choose the email you added the test to in the send email flow step of your trigger campaign. You also have the option of inserting that email into a stream of an engagement program".

Well, by that email, they mean the email to which the test is added and approved, i.e., the champion email. Once the test is added and approved, you can use the champion email in your trigger email's Send Email flow step or add it to the engagement program's stream as content. This should be sufficient for the test to be set in motion, i.e., send the champion and challenger emails per the set distribution.

Also, it may be a silly question but, for the test to run do i have to turn on my nurture program?

Thank you so much for you help.

Yes, you need to have the Engagement (Nurture) program turned on for it to send emails to members. Turning the Engagement program off will stop any content from being sent out.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Darshil_Shah1

1- For the test to run do I need to add each challenger email to the stream?

You don't need to add the challenger email separately along with the champion email to the stream; rather, you just add the challenger email to the email itself and approve the test as per the steps in the experience league documentation here. Once the test is approved, Marketo will start sending champion and challenger versions to the people per the set configuration.

2- When i select the winner of each test, do i need to remove or deactivate the other emails from the stream (the ones that did not win the test)

Until the Declare Date/you manually declare the winner, Marketo will continue to send the old champion and challenger(s). Once champion is , only the new champion will be sent. Since you don't add challenger emails to the stream sperately, there isn't any need to remove them too.

I hope this is helpful! Please let us know if you have questions.

Mariana
Level 2

Hi @Darshil_Shah1,

I don´t think i understood the answer to my first question. It seems that i don´t need to add the challenger emails to the stream.

Could you explain or give an example of how i can add the challenger email to the email itself and approve the test. I saw the documentation, but it says i can rather "send the test out, choose the email you added the test to in the send email flow step of your trigger campaign. You also have the option of inserting that email into a stream of an engagement program".

Also, it may be a silly question but, for the test to run do i have to turn on my nurture program?

Darshil_Shah1

"send the test out, choose the email you added the test to in the send email flow step of your trigger campaign. You also have the option of inserting that email into a stream of an engagement program".

Well, by that email, they mean the email to which the test is added and approved, i.e., the champion email. Once the test is added and approved, you can use the champion email in your trigger email's Send Email flow step or add it to the engagement program's stream as content. This should be sufficient for the test to be set in motion, i.e., send the champion and challenger emails per the set distribution.

Yes, you need to have the Engagement (Nurture) program turned on for it to send emails to members. Turning the Engagement program off will stop any content from being sent out.