SOLVED

Re: Challenges I am facing while designing a nurture program

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Challenges I am facing while designing a nurture program

Hello community -

So designing a nurture program. I am fairly new to Marketo. In the past, I use smart campaign and flow to send emails. I wonder if nurture drip will be the best way to design this one:

Logic:

Send email 1a on Fridays

wait 4 days

Send follow up email 1b on Tuesdays

wait 3 days

Send email 2a on Fridays

wait 4 days

Send follow up email 2b on Tuesdays

wait 3 days

Send email 10a on Fridays

wait 4 days

Send follow up email 10b on Tuesdays

wait 3 days

The way I built it:

Two programs under nurture stream program: one handles Friday sends, and another one handles Tuesday sends.

pastedImage_2.png

Within each program, I set a smart campaign that waits 7 days between each email send.

pastedImage_4.png

So if a lead is converted in the middle of the email drip, it gets pulled out, so I have a separate smart campaign that handles remove from above flow:

pastedImage_5.png

So I added the two programs (send Friday and send Tuesday) to nurture streams and activated both of them to fire Fridays and Tuesdays:

pastedImage_6.png

No transition rules were built as I don't see the leads getting transitioned. It didn't fire today (Friday)...I want to understand if I had a logic flaw. Who can help me?

Thank you!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Designing a nurture program

Hi Li,

That's one way to go, but quite complex...

You would simply change leads form stream 1 to stream 2 on saturdays and from stream 2 to stream 1 on wednesdays. That would be much simpler.

And usually, as soon as you start needing irregular time intervals between 2 casts, the good old flow with waits is still very viable.

-Greg

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Li,

That's one way to go, but quite complex...

You would simply change leads form stream 1 to stream 2 on saturdays and from stream 2 to stream 1 on wednesdays. That would be much simpler.

And usually, as soon as you start needing irregular time intervals between 2 casts, the good old flow with waits is still very viable.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Greg,

Interesting thought on changing leads back and forth. Can you elaborate on how to change from 1>2 then 2>1? Is it through transition rules or a smart campaign?

Li

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Challenges I am facing while designing a nurture program

You should always build smart campaigns to manage the transitions as Batches. Do not use the Transition Rules...especially for this.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Always smart campaigns. Transition rules are not that powerful, not well accessible to see how they are set up. We never use them.

-Greg

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni