SOLVED

cc'ing in Marketo using alerts

Go to solution
Danni_Holleran
Level 3

cc'ing in Marketo using alerts

To overcome the lack of cc'ing functionality we are using an alert to send a dupe to our sales team. The email (and dupe copy for sales) content contains a number of {{my.tokens}} the setup is like this:

pastedImage_0.png

We created two versions of the email (1.) Sales copy (2.) Alert copy - however, the alert copy is not populating the {{my.tokens}} data.

Can anyone spot what might be the issue? Can alerts populate {{my.tokens}}??

Any help or insight is very much appreciated!

Danni

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jim_Thao7
Level 9

Re: cc'ing in Marketo using alerts

A couple of things here:

1. My Tokens do populate in the email when using the Send Alert option.

2. You don't have to create 2 versions of the same email (if they are indeed identical), you can use the same one for both flow actions.

3. The 2 emails, from your flows do look to be in the same program Rally Email Service.

To you should create a smart campaign to test out both the emails as Send Alerts, each as a separate flow action to yourself to see what the results are.

If the duplicated email isn't resolving still, then it may be your data, perhaps there are some coding issues or you mistyped a token somewhere. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Mike_Reynolds2
Level 10

Hi Danni Holleran

Send Alert flow steps won't be able to use tokens at all. It's a great idea for a feature, so it's something you can vote for on the Ideas page where new product suggestions can be made for the Product team.

Danni_Holleran
Level 3

I'm definitely going to vote this one up . Seems like something that should definitely be available. Thanks.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Danni,

Normally, the alerts do populate the {{my.tokens}}.

With the info you provided, it's hard to detect the issue. Is the smart campaign located in the Rally Email Service program?

-Greg

Mike_Reynolds2
Level 10

Greg,

I stand corrected! There are some tokens that can be used in the To Other Email addresses field of a Send Alert flow step.

Send Alert - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

pastedImage_3.png

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Yes Mike, indeed

-Greg

Danni_Holleran
Level 3

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your reply. The email trigger campaigns are indeed in that Rally Email Service program along with the assets and the my tokens.

I'm wondering if the token values are not be sent across perhaps during the call. 

pastedImage_0.png

Jim_Thao7
Level 9

A couple of things here:

1. My Tokens do populate in the email when using the Send Alert option.

2. You don't have to create 2 versions of the same email (if they are indeed identical), you can use the same one for both flow actions.

3. The 2 emails, from your flows do look to be in the same program Rally Email Service.

To you should create a smart campaign to test out both the emails as Send Alerts, each as a separate flow action to yourself to see what the results are.

If the duplicated email isn't resolving still, then it may be your data, perhaps there are some coding issues or you mistyped a token somewhere. 

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Agreeing with Jim here. I suspect the second email has in fact some errors. And I also agree with Jim that you may try to use the same email of simply create the alert email from a clone of the first email.

-Greg

Danni_Holleran
Level 3

Thanks for the input and tips here. I got rid of that second unnecessary alert email and now just use the same email in my email send flow step as in the alert flow step. As it turns out the my.tokens that were not populating because the token values, (e.g. paid seats data) wasn't being sent across during the api call or were simply unknown values in the db that was making the call so the fields were left blank.

Thanks again!