Cart Abandonment Solution for Marketo

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cart Abandonment Solution for Marketo

We're looking for a cart abandonment solution that integrates seamlessly with Marketo. Anyone have any success with this?

Your recommendations are appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Cart Abandonment Solution for Marketo

I think you need to define "seamlessly."  Describe the full extent of your fantasy integration with Marketo/Munchkin/Forms and some things you consider, er, seamful.

Bottom line, most CA solutions expect to manage email campaigns with abandoners.  Their primary function thus distinctly overlaps with Marketo's primary function, so you have to locate how the two can be complementary, rather than redundant and confusing.  (And see if you can pay only for the complementary part of the CA software.)

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

There are several tools on launchpoint.marketo.com.

What is your ecom solution? That might help you understand where it is best to use that tool and CA and then route emails through Marketo. Just because you have Marketo does not mean it is always the best place to do something.

In general, I would try to send all emails from Marketo to avoid confusing customers' servers, but maybe that's not realistic in certain situations like order processing vs. the time it takes to figure out how to do it in Marketo.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I agree.  Sounds like something that would be rough to link seamlessly to Marketo at all levels.  If the CA solution already natively supports Request Campaign that would fill the bill -- or I guess if it natively speaks any Marketo API (so you could trigger off a data value change or a form post) that could be cool.  If it sends its own emails, that immediately sounds less than seamless.