Capturing UTM Data

Anonymous
Not applicable

Capturing UTM Data

Hi
I would like to use UTM data (source, medium, campaign and content) in our marketo environment. but whilst utm sources are pretty much constant, utm campaign for example, will always have new values. how can we take the utm parameters and append them to the corresponding marketo fields we have created? i realy believe we are not the first ones to raise this request...how can this be done? what is the best practice?
just to further clarify, 

not all our pages contains forms, some of them are just informational pages that we still want to gather utm parameters from. so the hidden form fields method will fully apply to us in this case.
plus, we would like to keep the first utm value as constant and the last utm value should be allowed to change upon each interaction

i hope i was descriptive enough.
thanks in advance to all helpers!
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Capturing UTM Data

Please see
http://www.marketingrockstarguides.com/marketing-attribution-setup-checklist-1846/

for more ideas

If you want to capture via cookies and not forms, you will need API and javascript.

You can run flows to stamp leads with permanent values for First Touch.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capturing UTM Data

Hi Avi -

I was trying to solve the same problem and finally found a solution that worked for me.  I have provided the Javascript I used in this post: Solution to using UTM parameters & cookies to capture lead source information