SOLVED

Re: Capture lead data then send data to partner

Go to solution
Eric_Salamon1
Level 6

Capture lead data then send data to partner

Here is the situation. My VP wants me to capture data from a form to monitor one of our partners. After the form is filled he wants to automate the data to go to the partner's system. The only thing, I have is a form action from a Pardot form handler. Anyone have any advise on ways to make this happen?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I am not sure how the web hook would work in this case but I will look into it. Thanks.

If you have a generic form acceptor on the other end, then you use Form/Url encoding in the webhook definition, and make sure you use their field names (which will not be exactly the same as the Marketo field names):

pastedImage_4.png

I'm assuming here that there won't be a useful response. If there is, choose JSON or XML appropriately.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Keith_Nyberg2
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

You should be able to pass the details from your instance to the partner after the form submit using a webhook in a flow step. Now how you would trigger the webhook based on the pardot form handler action is unknown to me but shouldn't be too hard to figure out.

Real question, why are you mixing pardot forms with a Marketo DB? Seems like a pretty unconventional use-case.

Eric_Salamon1
Level 6

Marketing asset sharing and our partner doesn't want to manually upload the leads so I need to find a way to share the lead in an automated way.

I am not sure how the web hook would work in this case but I will look into it. Thanks.

SanfordWhiteman

If you have a generic form acceptor on the other end, then you use Form/Url encoding in the webhook definition, and make sure you use their field names (which will not be exactly the same as the Marketo field names):

pastedImage_4.png

I'm assuming here that there won't be a useful response. If there is, choose JSON or XML appropriately.

Eric_Salamon1
Level 6

Thanks Sanford. I will see what they called the fields and will map it back from there.

Eric_Salamon1
Level 6

Quick question is there a way to do it without knowing the field names? They were suppose to map it to our fields?

SanfordWhiteman

If they can accept your field names exactly, then you can use the field names on your form (note these are the Marketo SOAP names, not the {{lead.token}} names -- you can see the names on your form by by inspecting in your browser).

Eric_Salamon1
Level 6

If I understand correctly I just grab the Soap names = {{lead. Token}}& continue the rest?

SanfordWhiteman

Yep.

Eric_Salamon1
Level 6

Great I will test this out and see if it works. Thanks!