SOLVED

Re: Capture email domain

Go to solution
AnastasiaT
Level 1

Capture email domain

Hi all 

I want to create a custom field that will contain a formula that will read the email address of the record and capture the email email domain. Is this possible? Can someone share a formula that works?

Thanks in advance

Anastasia

Tags (1)
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

I don't think you can define rules in the Marketo formula fields to extract and store a part of the field's value. Also, formula fields have several limitations, e.g., they aren't supported in smart campaigns, cannot be exported, and emails with formula fields in them cannot be sent via batch campaigns.

IMO, If the domain is not set during the lead creation, you'd want to populate the domain by calling a webhook-compatible service from the flow that could extract and return the domain address of a person back. 

View solution in original post

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Like Darshil says, formulas are designed for concatenation, nothing more complex. And they're also limited in where they can be used, usually making them the wrong move. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

I don't think you can define rules in the Marketo formula fields to extract and store a part of the field's value. Also, formula fields have several limitations, e.g., they aren't supported in smart campaigns, cannot be exported, and emails with formula fields in them cannot be sent via batch campaigns.

IMO, If the domain is not set during the lead creation, you'd want to populate the domain by calling a webhook-compatible service from the flow that could extract and return the domain address of a person back. 

AnastasiaT
Level 1

thank you!

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Like Darshil says, formulas are designed for concatenation, nothing more complex. And they're also limited in where they can be used, usually making them the wrong move.