SOLVED

Re: Cannot locate Smart Campaign that is unsubscribing people

Go to solution
bjohnson
Level 3

Cannot locate Smart Campaign that is unsubscribing people

Hi! It looks like some contacts got involuntarily unsubscribed when they were added to a list. I'm having an issue trying to locate the Smart Campaign that is doing the unsubscribing. All I have is the campaign ID. How do I find the campaign that is doing this with only the Campaign ID from the person's activity record?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

This CDV seems to be due to Marketo’s durable unsubscribe feature. Meaning these leads existed in your system in past, were unsubscribed, and deleted. The durable unsubscribe feature changes the unsubscribed field for these people to match their previous email preferences. 

Reference KB article - https://nation.marketo.com/t5/knowledgebase/meaning-of-activity-log-quot-system-flow-action/ta-p/248...

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Darshil_Shah1

If there's a campaign associated with a CDV (or flow step execution) you can navigate to the campaign from the person's activity log itself. Snapshot below - 

Darshil_Shah1_0-1659975082331.png

Albeit above, In most cases, you can also navigate to the campaign from the campaign id as well. Campaign Id is a numeric string, you can navigate to any campaign in your instance, replace the campaign ID in the end next to "SC".

Ex. if the campaign id you want to navigate to is 1234, go to any random campaign in your Marketo instance, in the URL bar - replace the numeric string (in most cases the campaign id is of 4 digits, unless of course you have tons of campaigns), and hit enter. Notably, there's a caveat worth mentioning in this approach, that in some cases the numeric id in the URL may not match with the campaign id (we've seen this happening for email assets in past). 

Alternatively, you can query the campaign by id using query campaign by id API as well, the response will have the campaign URL.

bjohnson
Level 3

Thank you, Darshil. That was going to be my first course of action, but it's not listed. See screenshot.

For the campaign ID, is it the last four digits of the eight digits you see in the screenshot?

Darshil_Shah1

I think you missed adding the snapshot.

bjohnson
Level 3

You're right! Attached this time - for real.Screenshot 2022-08-08 131514.jpg

Darshil_Shah1

If you don't see the campaign name next to the activity log record, then this CDV activity may have been done by another source/reason. Can you double-click the activity log record and check the source and reason?

bjohnson
Level 3

This is the reason that it gave?

Reason:
System flow action sysActionChangeDataValue resetLeadEmailStatus
Darshil_Shah1

This CDV seems to be due to Marketo’s durable unsubscribe feature. Meaning these leads existed in your system in past, were unsubscribed, and deleted. The durable unsubscribe feature changes the unsubscribed field for these people to match their previous email preferences. 

Reference KB article - https://nation.marketo.com/t5/knowledgebase/meaning-of-activity-log-quot-system-flow-action/ta-p/248...

bjohnson
Level 3

This makes perfect sense. I didn't know about this feature before. Thank you for your help!