SOLVED

Cannot load email error

Go to solution
Hoppers13
Level 4

Cannot load email error

hi all, we'd spent a long time working on two emails, which both used the same template.

We'd gotten them as far as we could two weeks ago and they were in a good place.

then yesterday I came to view them and got the dreaded Cannot load email error.

i downloaded the html as advised on here and they were blank. 

how can this be please? and does anyone know of a fix?

there are limited people with access to our instance, and I can't imagine anyone has tampered with these.

i'd put a good few hours in to these emails, so getting them back would be ideal, but if not, it'd be useful to be aware of anything i'd done wrong in setup, or if something else avoidable has occurred.

We do have a developer updating our master template (these were using) regularly, but, any changes he's previously made have been fine.

please can anybody help?

thanks in advance!

Still a noob - Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Re: Cannot load email error

Well, this usually happens when the HTML of the email gets corrupted. If the asset is in the draft mode, you may try discarding the draft which may revert the HTML changes which may have corrupted the HTML, but note that this may also undo any of the changes you intentionally made on the email before the email was last approved. You can check the admin log to see if anything's fishy there w.r.t. to the updates to the email (someone who shouldn't have edited the email did edit it, etc.). Also, are you able to create new emails from this email template normally?

There's this thread that also discuss about the 'cannot load email error' which you probably would have already referenced but still adding it here. 

Additionally, although rare but this may also be sometimes caused due to intermittent platform issues as per this thread, which if it's and persists for a long time / with other perfectly fine emails too you can reach out to Marketo.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Re: Cannot load email error

Well, this usually happens when the HTML of the email gets corrupted. If the asset is in the draft mode, you may try discarding the draft which may revert the HTML changes which may have corrupted the HTML, but note that this may also undo any of the changes you intentionally made on the email before the email was last approved. You can check the admin log to see if anything's fishy there w.r.t. to the updates to the email (someone who shouldn't have edited the email did edit it, etc.). Also, are you able to create new emails from this email template normally?

There's this thread that also discuss about the 'cannot load email error' which you probably would have already referenced but still adding it here. 

Additionally, although rare but this may also be sometimes caused due to intermittent platform issues as per this thread, which if it's and persists for a long time / with other perfectly fine emails too you can reach out to Marketo.