SOLVED

can you prevent Email 2.0 editor template to stop adding <p> tags?

Go to solution
Bryant_Chang
Level 3

can you prevent Email 2.0 editor template to stop adding <p> tags?

I am trying out a few of the starter templates in the new email 2.0 editor.

I noticed that anytime I make edits to and mkto text area <p> tags get added around the text that are not originally in the templates.

Which will distort the spacing.

Even when I just open the rich text editor, make no changes, and click save.

Is anyone else seeing this? and how can I make this stop happening?

Thanks

B

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jim_Thao7
Level 9

Re: can you prevent Email 2.0 editor template to stop adding <p> tags?

This sounds like default behavior to me.  Marketo has to wrap your content in some kind of element tag.  Whether it be a <p> or <div> or <span>, it has to be something.  I would recommend that you declare your own tags in the HTML if the <p> tags do not do justice to your formatting.

You can also try changing your settings in Admin>Email to "None" for the "Edit Text Editor Settings" to see if that helps.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Jim_Thao7
Level 9

This sounds like default behavior to me.  Marketo has to wrap your content in some kind of element tag.  Whether it be a <p> or <div> or <span>, it has to be something.  I would recommend that you declare your own tags in the HTML if the <p> tags do not do justice to your formatting.

You can also try changing your settings in Admin>Email to "None" for the "Edit Text Editor Settings" to see if that helps.

Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

This is the default behavior of Marketo's text editor. It has nothing to do with Email 2.0. It can be changed, as Jim said, in Admin > Email > Edit Text Editor Settings.

Some customer's templates prefer to have a <p>, some prefer nothing, and others prefer <div>. We leave it up to you.

Thanks,

Justin