Re: Can you have a "buttonless" form in forms 2.0?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you have a "buttonless" form in forms 2.0?

Trying to do a really basic e-mail address only form without a button based on a design spec and there doesn't seem to be a way to just delete the button via forms 2.0 editor. Any ideas? Not quite sure how to hide the button - maybe a CSS over ride? Thanks! - Sam
Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

How would someone submit this buttonless form?
Anonymous
Not applicable

By hitting enter 🙂
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, you can customize the CSS on the form, and hide the button that way. If you inspect the element you'll see what we call it. Also, you might be able to pick a small button and match the color to your page
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

Honestly, it kind of seems weird not to have a submit button for a form field, but that's just me.  I hope it will be obvious to your audience as to what they need to do.  
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with Michelle. Hitting Enter does not necessarily submits any form.

Users may hit the navigation keys or tab to navigate the form fields. There is no way to predict whether enter will submit it.

I do not recall any buttonless form in a very long time. Quoting Michelle, I hope that is "normal" for your audience.

Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

Sam,

At the very least, A/B test and split your list so you can make a decision based on the results of the number of form fills.  
Corey_Bethel
Level 4 - Champion Alumni

Sam,

This will hide the button from your form: 

.mktoForm .mktoButton {
visibility:hidden !important;
}

However, I agree with everyone else. I'm not sure if users will know how to submit the form if they do not see a button.
Corey Bethel
Consultant | Etumos